Rapid Shutdown System (RSS)
The Rapid Shutdown System (RSS) provides remote disconnect of the residential or small commercial PV array, compliant with the 2014 NEC article 690.12 Rapid Shutdown code requirements. It consists of two-components:
- The Bentek Rapid Shutdown Controller (RSC) is installed at the service entry.
- The Bentek Rapid Shutdown Module (RSM) is installed at the array.
Key Features of the Rapid Shutdown Controller (RSC):
- Emergency Solar PV Shut Off button with lock out/tag out functionality.
- Green and Red LED indicators for PV array connection status.
- Controls up to two RSMs (up to 6 strings).
- Dead front for safety.
Key Features of the Rapid Shutdown Module (RSM):
- 2-string and 3-string options.
- Sealed enclosure for optimal safety.
- Input and output whips for plug-and-play installation.