Bentek Solar, manufacturer of a broad range of products connecting PV panels to inverters worldwide for the residential, commercial and utility-scale marketplaces, has received a patent for the Bentek Multiple Disconnect Safety System (MDSS) patent number 8,687,348.
“Bentek Solar continues to add to its patent portfolio with the MDSS,” said John H Buckley, Executive Sales and Marketing for Bentek Solar. “Over the last several years the MDSS has provided significant benefits in labor, materials, time and economy of space. This has resulted in a 30 percent savings in total costs for several utility-scale and commercial PV projects while meeting NEC 2011 disconnect code requirements.”
MDSS product features include:
– From three to 10 integrated load-break disconnects
– Multiple 100A, 200A,250A and 400A load-break disconnects into one MDSS
– 600VDC or 1000VDC disconnects
– Disconnect handles mounted internally on a dead front or externally
– Bentek zone current monitoring
For more information about the capabilities of the MDSS and the patent it has received, please contact Bentek at 1-866-505-0303 or on the web at www.BentekSolar.com.
“Bentek has been shipping the bipolar circuit breaker recombiner into the marketplace in support of Advanced Energy inverters for more than two years and is known as the leader in circuit breaker recombiner solutions,” said John H. Buckley, executive sales and marketing for Bentek Solar. “This new partnership with Advanced Energy provides a one-stop solution to meet NEC 2011 code requirements in a simple, cost-effective and convenient manner for our mutual customers.”
The AE 500NX-600V inverter has a true 97.5 to 98 percent weighted efficiency without carve-outs for auxiliary power or other adjustments, enabling a greater and quicker return on investment. With fleet availability in excess of 99 percent and AE’s extensive O&M service protecting investments over the course of the lifetime of a system, energy harvest also is maximized.
“We’re proud to have been selected as the inverter partner of choice for Bentek Solar’s bipolar circuit breaker recombiner, especially given the company’s expertise in the recombiner market segment,” said Steve Levy, Advanced Energy vice president of Americas’ sales. “This bundled package offers developers and system owners a streamlined solution that will deliver the performance, durability and reliability necessary for long-term return on investment.”
For more information about the capabilities and pricing of the Advanced Energy and Bentek bipolar NEC 2011 bundled solution please contact your local Advanced Energy office or contact Bentek at 1-866-505-0303 or on the web at www.BentekSolar.com.
Bentek Solar continues to add to its broad range of residential, commercial and utility-scale safety systems with the new 1000VDC Utility-Scale FDSS 2. The FDSS 2 builds on the success of the FDSS 1 by providing customers with up to 24 inputs with a total system capacity of 4800 Amps.The FDSS 2 also complies with the NEC 2011 disconnect requirements ensuring customers safeaccess to service inverter fuses,” said John H. Buckley, Executive Sales and Marketing for Bentek Solar.
The FDSS 2 provides:
• Recombining of up to 24 1000VDC inputs into one common bus ouput
• Visible blade disconnect for an extra level of safety for all incomming PV arrays
• Common output hardbuss bar for easy installation with utility-scale inverters.
• Bentek Zone current monitoring
• Optional heater and ventilation systems for cold variable climates
For more information about the capabilities on the FDSS 2 please contact Bentek at 1-866-505-0303 or visit www.BentekSolar.com.
Founded in 1985 in Silicon Valley, Bentek Corporation is comprised of two divisions:
- • Contract Manufacturing Services which includes comprehensive New Product Introduction (NPI) support and volume turnkey manufacturing to demanding, high-growth companies in several market segment
- • Utility Scale electrical Balance of System (eBOS) OEM equipment which develops and provides vertically integrated products for the Solar Power energy market
Sales & Support
1991 Senter Road
San Jose, CA 95112
Toll-Free: (866) 505-0303
Main: (408) 954-9600