Bentek Solar receives patent for the Multiple Disconnect Safety System (MDSS)
Bentek Solar, manufacturer of a broad range of products connecting PV panels to inverters worldwide for the residential, commercial and utility-scale marketplaces, has received a patent for the Bentek Multiple Disconnect Safety System (MDSS) patent number 8,687,348.
“Bentek Solar continues to add to its patent portfolio with the MDSS,” said John H Buckley, Executive Sales and Marketing for Bentek Solar. “Over the last several years the MDSS has provided significant benefits in labor, materials, time and economy of space. This has resulted in a 30 percent savings in total costs for several utility-scale and commercial PV projects while meeting NEC 2011 disconnect code requirements.”
MDSS product features include:
– From three to 10 integrated load-break disconnects
– Multiple 100A, 200A,250A and 400A load-break disconnects into one MDSS
– 600VDC or 1000VDC disconnects
– Disconnect handles mounted internally on a dead front or externally
– Bentek zone current monitoring
For more information about the capabilities of the MDSS and the patent it has received, please contact Bentek at 1-866-505-0303 or on the web at www.BentekSolar.com.